Sorry, nothing in cart.
Harad is an Ayurvedic herb, which has immense health benefits. The plant looks very
simple as others, but don’t go on its look, the benefits will simply amaze you.
The appearance of Harad:
Harad also called Black myrobalan is a tree which is very long and is 8-12 ft thick. The bark is dark brown. Leaves are 3-8 inch long and 2-4 inch wide, hanging down in clumps and oval in shape. The stem of the leaves has two knots at the apical end.
The plant bears flowers which are small, yellowish and grow on long white clusters. The fruits are 1-2 inch long, oval and the back surface has 5 prominent stripes. The fruits which are plucked before seed formation are known as Harad. These are dark yellow. The fruits which are plucked when completely ripe are known as big Harad.
Every fruit has one seed. The plant sheds its leaves in February-March, gets flowers in April-May and fruit in winters. Ripe fruits are collected from January to April.
Health benefits of Harad which will amaze you:
Treats Migraine pain–
- Grind its seed with warm water and apply on the forehead
- It cures migraine pain
Removes Tooth infection–
- Use the powder of harad to brush the teeth
- It makes the teeth clean and free from any infection
For Eye disorders–
- Soak harad in water overnight and use this water to rinse the eyes next day morning
- It keeps your eyes clean and free from disorders
- Soak its kernel in water for 12 hours
- Then grind it and use as eyeliner
- It prevents cataract of eyes
- Grind its bark and apply to eyes as eyeliner
- It cures watering of eyes
The helpful cure for Headache-
- Crush and soak 10 pieces of big harad bark in water for 3 days under the sun
- On the 4th day, crush the bark and strain the solution
- Mix 500 gm sugar powder in it and prepare squash
- Give this to the patient
- It cures headache and gastric disorders
Enhance Digestive power-
- Give 3-6 gm harad powder with equal amount of sugar candy mixed in it
- Give it twice a day after meals
- It improves digestion power
Treats Bleeding Piles-
- Take the Harad seeds and bark, to prepare a decoction
- Rinse the boils with harad decoction
- It controls the bleeding piles
Aids in Elephantiasis-
- Cook 10 gm harad in 50 gm castor oil
- Give this to the patient for 6 days
- It cures elephantiasis
Treats Urinary disorders-
- Give 2-5 gm harad powder with 1 teaspoon of honey twice a day
- It cures the burning sensation in urine and other urinary disorders
Cleanses the body-
- Take 6 harad and 3.5 gm cinnamon or cloves
- Boil them in 100 ml water for 10 minutes
- Strain the solution and give this to the patient every morning
- It works like a purgative and purifies your body
Heal Wounds soon-
- Rinse the wounds with the decoction of harad
- It shrinks the wound.
- Mix 1-2 gm harad ash with 5-10 gm butter
- Apply it on the wound
- It helps to cure the wounds very faster
Heals boils faster-
- Grind 5 gm harad in a little amount of water and linseed oil in it
- Apply this paste on the boils in the burnt area
- It heals the boils faster
- Prepare decoction of harad, peel of pomegranate fruit, aniseed, Indian gooseberry and bark of babul
- Give 20-30 ml of this decoction twice a day
- It improves immunity
Treatment for Jaundice-
- Mix equal quantities of iron ash, harad and turmeric
- Give 500 mg to 1 gm of this powder with ghee or honey to the patient
- You can also give 1 gm harad with honey or jaggery 2-3 times a day to the patient
- Prepare tablets of harad, senna and gulkand of rose
- Give this to the patient when suffering from constipation
- It treats the disorder
- Give 20-50 ml cow’s urine with 3-6 gm harad thrice a day
- It efficiently cures dermatoses
Precautions before taking Black myrobalan:
- Harad should not be given to people who are too tired because of excess walking/running, people who are too thin etc.
- Hard should be avoided by people with excess pitta.
- It should be avoided by pregnant women.
- It should not be taken by people who have suffered from excess bleeding.
These were the 15 health benefits of Harad or Black myrobalan. Now, what is your opinion about this natural herb! Must be amazed right.